All students who book accommodation with a host family must respect certain rules in order to establish a good coexistence:
- Do not make noise (slamming doors, shouting)
- Peace and quiet are requested after 23:00.
- Showers: it is recommended 1 shower per day and late-night (until 23:00).
- Washing machine: 1 washing service/week is available. Please do not hang wet clothes on the terraces/windows/doors;
- Family lunch/dinner times must be respected and the student must adapt to them. In case you do not wish to participate, you need to give at least 24 hours notice to the host family. See schedule table:
- Meals are prepared according to Spanish customs, for this reason, the student needs to understand that the meals are not the same that are prepared in their country of origin. Breakfast includes: cereal, milk/coffee/tea, butter toast, jam, cheese or croissant, and muffins.
- The kitchen space is reserved only for the mother/father of the family. Students cannot use the appliances without permission from the host family.
- You cannot take food/drink without asking the family.
- Inappropriate behaviour, or any damage caused in the host family’s home by the student, may result in the student’s expulsion from the study programme. Under no circumstances will ELCANO SCHOOL S.L. refund the money for the programme or be responsible for the economic costs that this may entail.
- Students are not allowed to invite strangers or students from other host families to the host family’s home.
|14:00 – 14:30
|20:30 – 21:00
*Continuous communication between the host family and the student is essential.
Additional terms and conditions for minor students staying with a host family:
1. Evening arrival times at the host family’s home are predefined and agreed in advance. The mother/father/legal guardian of the student will have to fill in the registration form in which they will have to fill in the section on nights out at least 7 calendar days before the start of the study programme. In any case, the family is obliged to wait for the pupil until 23:00. After this time, the school and the families are not responsible for the arrival of the student. In the event of a late arrival time before 23:00, the arrival of a student under the influence of alcohol or other substances or in any other case that may pose a problem for the safety of the student or the family, the family will immediately notify the school and the school will notify the student’s parents/guardians.
2. The consumption of alcohol, tobacco or other substances is strictly forbidden for underage students during the stay of the trip both inside and outside the school and host family premises. 2. The consumption of alcohol, tobacco or other substances is strictly forbidden for underage students during the stay of the trip both inside and outside the school and host family premises. Under no circumstances will ELCANO SCHOOL S.L. refund the money for the programme or be responsible for the economic costs that this may entail.